Who We Are
A Tri-Service, All Ranks Members’ Club for currently Serving and Retired members of the Armed Forces
The Victory Services Club (VSC) is a prestigious Military Members Club for retired, and serving members of the Armed Forces, located in Marble Arch in the heart of London’s West End, a 2 minute walk from Oxford Street.
The Club was founded in 1907 to promote “esprit de corps” among retired Armed Forces of ALL Ranks by providing accommodation and support to needy servicemen and their families. It amended its charter in 1970 to include serving members of the Armed Forces and their families.
Since its formation, the Club has attracted many famous Patrons including General Eisenhower, Field-Marshal Earl Alexander of Tunis and Field-Marshal The Viscount Montgomery of Alamein. In 1957, HRH The Duke of Edinburgh became the Patron-in-Chief, and remains so until September 2012. In October 2012 HRH The Duchess of Cornwall agreed to become our Patron-in-Chief. With over 32,000 paying members, the VSC has the largest membership of any Military Club in the country.
After the Second World War, the Club moved premises from Holborn to the Edgware Road moving into Connaught House, which had been used by the United States Armed Forces during the war. The Memorial Wing was built on a bombed site next to Connaught House. Opening the new wing, Sir Winston Churchill said “This Victory Club for ex-service men, given by the Nation as a memorial to fallen comrades and as a tribute to those who returned, stands guardian of the common treasures and memories of friendship and brave deeds.”