Haven for Heroes
To demonstrate our support for British Armed Forces personnel serving in Iraq, Afghanistan, Middle East and Sierre Leone, and to thank them for their commitment and bravery, the VSC offers substantial discounts to those returning mid-operational tour from these theatres on R&R, or those who are within 6 months of returning at the end of an operational tour in these theatres.
Our “Haven for Heroes” scheme offers a special room rate of only £30.75 per night for a single en-suite room, £56.50 for a double, and rates from £76 for a family room for those returning from Iraq and Afghanistan (this includes Qatar, UAE, Bahrain, Omar, and at sea in the Arabian Gulf who are supporting our troops in Afghanistan) and Sierre Leone.
Shown below are the Haven for Hero rates shown against our standard room rates:
|Room Type*||Haven for Hero Rates||Standard Rates|
|Single en-suite per night||£30.75||£61.50|
|Double en-suite per night||£56.50
|Family en-suite** per night from||£76||£152|
* Rates quoted are for Memorial Wing Rooms only.
**Family rates are based on 2 Adults and 1 Child (up to 12 years old).
These rates are available until 31st March 2015. The rates from 1st April 2015 have yet to be determined, but will be confirmed shortly.
Full details of Haven for Heroes eligibility and requirements are available from the Reservations Department. Please note the offer cannot be extended (ie beyond the 6 month post-tour period) or brought forward (ie pre-tour). Allied Forces personnel are only eligible for Haven for Heroes if they have served with British Forces under British control in Iraq, Afghanistan or Sierre Leone in the last 6 months.
To take advantage of this offer, just follow these easy steps:
1. Click on ‘Become a Member’ and complete the application form. (Membership is FREE for SAF) Click here
2. Your Membership number will be emailed to the address you registered with.
3. Contact Reservations with your membership number to make your booking.
4. Send the “Haven for Heroes” proof of service letter to us prior to arrival; the letter needs to be provided by, or on, the day of arrival for the discount to be applied. The proof of service letter in Theatre is required for all bookings. This must be on headed paper from your command chain in-theatre or from your home unit staff in the UK, and must include details of your tour of duty dates (start & end dates). Please click the following link to view a Haven for Heroes sample letter. This is the type of letter we will accept, but please remember it has to be on an official letterhead.